2007 Free Agents/Signings

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Alrighty, we need a FA thread. Anyways TONS of great FA on the market.. who would you want so far? and where do you think som players will go?

I don't think Ryan Smyth will return to Edmonton, nor will he stay in NY..

Peter Forsberg will return to CO or Sign up with Vancouver, because Naslund and Sedin twins are there.

Paul Kariya will have to take a pay cut and could sign up in vancouver, since it's his home town.. or stick around in nashville.. but I have a feeling he will be signing up with a good team.

btw.. is Sean Avery a FA too?

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
No, Sean Avery is not a free agent.

Ryan Smyth I believe will end up back in Edmonton. Or possibly Calgary. One of those 2 are my best guesses.

Keith Tkachuk I think will end up re-signing with Atlanta for another year.

Daniel Briere and Chris Drury, one will end up re-signing with Buffalo long-term, the other will get a massive contract elsewhere.

Scott Gomez I think will re-sign with New Jersey for say 3 or 4 more years.

Brendan Shanahan I can see re-signing back with Detroit.

And I think that Gary Roberts will end up retiring.

Oh, about Kariya, early talks already lean towards the possibility of him going to the Oilers. But anyway, chances are slim he will remain in Nashville.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
looks like backstrom signed a deal with the wild.. and fernadez wants to get tradedm though the GM said they don't plan on trading..

They should send him to the lightning and get someone from there.. mabye richards..

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
Richards wont be going anywhere. Fernandez however will likely end up getting traded to a team where they would use him as a solid back-up. I mean honestly, he's got to be pushing his 40's now and how good could the guy really be?

Although still to date, Nikolai Khabibulin is the one goaltender who would shine the most, all Chicago needs is a good defensemen or 2 and you may think I'm an idiot, but we may be looking at a top 4 team in the West if they can find one.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Yeah the hawks have some good offence, and now havlat too., though they lost bell...

I dunno though, I think fernadez might be a #1 on a team. Depends on the team too and who the current goaltender is...

July 1 will be here soon, so the fun will begin :D