AFI

Daemon Sadi

Jan 13, 2006
Zenny
AFI - A Fire Inside

This has to be one of my favorite bands of all time. Their music is amazing, lyrics even better.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I don't mind them. Their lyrics when you listen to them or even read them can be somewhat hard to follow, but still I'd from time to time feel in the punk mood and put on some AFI.

My favorite song has to be Silver & Cold.

Ueki Kousuke

Jan 18, 2006
Essex, UK
www.myspace.com
Zenny
got to love AFI, can't wait for the new album out later this year, its been ages since they released Sing The Sorrow. i mean, they had their Retrospective Hits album with all the older stuff like Totalimmortal (great song) but still, i need to hear the new album =p
favourite song would be This Time Imperfect, such an amazing song.

trance_baby

Jan 14, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Zenny
hey a mate made me listen to their song "Miss Murder" and i am glad that he did. Its an awesome song, that i cant seem to stop listening to. They are a band that just dont give a damn about labels, which is what we need these days no sissy bystander pop bands *shudders*, which is AFI aint

Uchiha Sasuke

Jul 25, 2006
Somewhere
Zenny
Miss Murder is okay but they made it sound too punkish I like how their older songs sound. my fav songs are Death of Season and Girls not Grey

QueenOfDeath

Aug 11, 2006
Guess.
Zenny
Jechtsphere said:
me too, don't like new cd, the older stuff was the best.
That does seem to be the general opinion amongst dedicated AFI fans. AFI have only really made it through to the mainstream after the release of Miss Murder, which just proves that altering their sound a little, made them more popular to the masses. However, I don't resent the success that they have achieved through their newer material.

Daemon Sadi

Jan 13, 2006
Zenny
I'd be happy if they went mainstream, only problem is that a bunch of teenage girls will listen to them. And they will be emo girls. Scary:<

Decemberunderground is a great CD, imo, they sound different, and their lyrics are a bit less original, but still, a great album.

Daemon Sadi

Jan 13, 2006
Zenny
Well, it depends on what you mean by older.

Black Sails in the Sunset, Sing the Sorrow, and AFI are my three favorite cd's from them.