Energy

DDMDragon

May 15, 2007
Zenny
Any possible way to harness body energy or energy around you (as if from living things) like an energy vampire or chakra or something? I've wondered about this for a while now, even if your emotions could fuel that energy to make you stronger such as rage. Anyone else ever think about this or is it just me :confused: ?

DDMDragon

May 15, 2007
Zenny
I gotta think about this stuff, I think i kinda hypnotized my self with some sort of energy. I concentrated and got really angry my hand started to feel really hot, then when i was about to go to sleep all calm i was gonna try it again this time my hand got really cold, dunno if it was energy or my brain playing tricks on me.

Duct Tape Man

Nov 18, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>(GrayFox;18931)</div><div class='quotemain'>I guess rage could make someone stronger in a specific situation if controlled.</div>

this is true. like im weak as shit when im not mad but once im pissed, i can (and have) knocked people out for a few hours at least.

DDMDragon

May 15, 2007
Zenny
but do you beileve in getting stronger from simple meditation your environment or something like chakra? (i dont watch naruto)

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Well, meditation could help someone become more focused.

As for chakra or spiritual energy or anything like that... I guess it could be real. I don't know what it can really do though. Maybe it's all in people's minds? Maybe chakra is just a state of mind? Or maybe there's some scientific explanation?
I recently started watching Naruto... and believe me... if chakra is real... it's NOTHING like what it is on that anime. And if it is, I'm going to start searching the sky for flying pigs.

DDMDragon

May 15, 2007
Zenny
Lol, yeah anime is just for entertainment purposes anyways. Good point about the state of mind, it could possibly make you in such a deep state of concentration that it make you almost unnatural at some things.

F.Y.C.N.

Mar 19, 2006
randominsanity.smackjeeves.com
Zenny
<span style="color:DarkOrchid">Rage as a form of energy? Eh, I guess you could say it's something like that. It's more of a fight-or-flight response that your body initiates as a reaction to something extremely threatening. Epinephrine is released from adrenal glands into the bloodstream, and this gives you a boost in your supply of oxygen and glucose. This gives you an overall boost to your ability to, as the response is titled; fight or flee.

The "chakra" and so-called magical energies you see harnessed in kung-fu flicks and shows is nothing more than a simplistic and metaphorical title given to the way chemicals react inside your body and the way physics are applied to punches and kicks.
In a sense, the monks and ninjas you see training and meditating in movies and documentaries are really just very knowledgeable of what the body can create and withstand in terms of force, they are in no sort of way attuned to magical energies. It's certainly a cool way to look at it though, isn't it? ;) </span>

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>(F.Y.C.N.;19063)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:DarkOrchid">Rage as a form of energy? Eh, I guess you could say it's something like that. It's more of a fight-or-flight response that your body initiates as a reaction to something extremely threatening. Epinephrine is released from adrenal glands into the bloodstream, and this gives you a boost in your supply of oxygen and glucose. This gives you an overall boost to your ability to, as the response is titled; fight or flee.

The "chakra" and so-called magical energies you see harnessed in kung-fu flicks and shows is nothing more than a simplistic and metaphorical title given to the way chemicals react inside your body and the way physics are applied to punches and kicks.
In a sense, the monks and ninjas you see training and meditating in movies and documentaries are really just very knowledgeable of what the body can create and withstand in terms of force, they are in no sort of way attuned to magical energies. It's certainly a cool way to look at it though, isn't it? ;) </span></div>

That's a great explanation of adrenaline and all, but adrenaline=/=energy friend >_> Rage isn't really energy, just the will to push harder.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
How is adrenaline not energy? I know it isn't literally energy, but it is in the sense that it can make you feel more energetic, like you can do a little extra activity than normal.

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
Adrenaline gives you the extra push to create more energy with your physical action. Adrenaline is not a form of energy itself, it's just a reaction inside of you. You can use the word " energy " to describe that, but it's misuse of the term; that's just using the word, throwing out the original meaning. I mean adrenaline is not a scientific form of energy, it's like Rob explained, everything is one big chemically-based reaction in your brain, but I suppose you could call that being energetic, though it's not a good idea to do so in a thread talking about energy in it's actual form <_<

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I was considering other definitions of energy other than the lightning or electricity type.

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
Ohh, I thought you were saying adrenaline was like a source of energy that could be tapped into, controlled and whatnot. Major misunderstandings all around in this topic. ._.

F.Y.C.N.

Mar 19, 2006
randominsanity.smackjeeves.com
Zenny
<span style="color:DarkOrchid">Sorry for the late response in this topic but better than never;

Of course Adrenaline can't be controlled, but in certain situations I believe it kicks in and provides us with the extra boost we feel in rage or fright. It might not even be directly due to the Adrenaline, but I think that's the most common cause.

There's so many chemicals exchanging and mixing...and muscles shifting and tightening...the way the body works inside is truly marvelous. It's possible that we may never learn to fully understand how it works, or how outside forces of paranormal nature affect it...but right now, I'll settle for good ol' modest biological mechanics.</span>

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>(F.Y.C.N.;19764)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:DarkOrchid">Sorry for the late response in this topic but better than never;

Of course Adrenaline can't be controlled, but in certain situations I believe it kicks in and provides us with the extra boost we feel in rage or fright. It might not even be directly due to the Adrenaline, but I think that's the most common cause.

There's so many chemicals exchanging and mixing...and muscles shifting and tightening...the way the body works inside is truly marvelous. It's possible that we may never learn to fully understand how it works, or how outside forces of paranormal nature affect it...but right now, I'll settle for good ol' modest biological mechanics.</span></div>

Yeah, true that, there's a shitload of stuff we just can't possibly understand yet when it comes to our anatomy <_< I think eventually we'll understand fully, though. Nanobiology moves further every day; there are already function exoskeleton suits in existence, so that gives you an idea of how close we are to learning the structure of human cells so that we can recreate them in a laboratory. There we be no more need for people to donate their organs to others, because we could just create them :3 now that'd be the day. I'm sure it's in the distance, but like you said, until then we'll just be using the same old, same old, adrenaline and anger. Maybe we can find a way to harness adrenaline and go SSJ.

DDMDragon

May 15, 2007
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>(Wonderboy;19773)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe we can find a way to harness adrenaline and go SSJ.</div>Wouldn't that be a riot?