Fort Minor

J

Jecht

I didn't hear bout this group till recently. My friend Matt sent me the full album and said that a member of Linkin Park is a member of the band. It's actually not too bad, has quite a few good songs with good beats to them, and there's a few songs that kinda suck.

Who here's heard of'em and what do u think of'em?

J

Jecht

I think it's kinda cool how Fort Minor has that slight Linkin Park sound to it, even though it's more rap. I like the combination of beat and instruments used in it. Are they a fairly new band though? Considering I'm into music a lot, I'm surprised I haven't heard of them till now. I'm guessing they are new.

GMR5

Apr 20, 2006
Allentown, PA
www.freewebs.com
Zenny
New yes, you can say that. I have had the album for half a year now though. Mike Shinoda is amazing as Fort Minor, together with some other artists. Great music, since I dislike rap very much.

The-Edge

Apr 30, 2006
Australia
Zenny
Im a massive LP fan so of corse i've heard of Fort Minor, they aint bad, not as good as Lp but not bad. As you said some songs are okay others kinda suck. Chester also has a solo album coming out, after the next LP album. PM me anyone if you wanna know about that ;).

Serenity

♥ºo.╬§èrèñîtÿ╬.oº♥
Mar 9, 2006
United States, Colorado.
Zenny
Fort Minor is not bad at all...considering i dont listen to rap. XD I got the CD the day it hit stores. I had to I'm a major major LP fan and have been. And at least for Fort Minor Mike Shinoda and the rest of the group rap about things that are good ect. For once it's not about the typical stuff you usually hear in most rap. It's different and unique. Same goes with LP thats why I have stuck with them. Their music is unique, and has actually helped me in my life.

xXthedarkestlightXx

May 1, 2006
Zenny
It really does remind me of Linkin Park..and I always wondered why. Heh. Well, aside from that, I like them- especially the "Where'd You Go" single.

Stryfe

One Name. One Legend.
May 3, 2006
Rings of Naglifar
Zenny
xXthedarkestlightXx said:
It really does remind me of Linkin Park..and I always wondered why. Heh. Well, aside from that, I like them- especially the "Where'd You Go" single.

Bah, "Remember the name" is way better. However, this group is really interesting in many ways. Blending a lot of different styles together. You may call it rap, however it holds the same styles as a lot of other genre's.

Raz

Are You Candy?
Jan 14, 2006
Houston, Texas
Zenny
I think Mike Shinoda should never have done this side project. FM sucks majorly. Mike is nothing without Chester.

Lord Defience

May 12, 2006
S. Yorkshire- UK
Zenny
I like this band, quite the combination. Though I haven't heard all their songs, but with what I have heard, they are a decent band. Not the best, but more than certainly something I'll listen to.

Kadaj

Prince Kadaj
Apr 17, 2006
Zenny
I love em, I wanna download that song they made for the NBA playoffs, anyone know what it's called?

System Of A Down

May 17, 2006
Sydney
Zenny
fort minor is alright but i prefer linkin park because linkin park have more depth in there songs while 2 songs in fort minor's cd have depth

-F-or3v3r.L.0st

Apr 30, 2006
In an unknown place where I could never be found..
Zenny
i havent heart fort minor's song but since it's rap, i'd rather not listen to them. I mean rappers like mike shondra is kool but rappers like 50 cent, i dont like the songs. i respect 50 cent because of what happened to him and all that but still i dont like most of his songs. and rappers like 50 cent, dont like their songs either