The coming twilight.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
You have probably already seen the Twilight Archon from brainwasher5's thred. Many, myself included, probably thought it was formed from a high templar combined with a dark templar. But, it is my belief that High templar and dark templar are BOTH gone from the game. Instead, they have been replaced with a 'Twilight Templar'. If you look at the end of the video with the archons, you can see two small gray-colored protoss sitting back behind the fight. One of them even casts psionic storm (which looks beautiful, by the way). But the resolution is poor on this video. So I downloaded the Artwork trailer and, behold, there are the templar! They appear in the scene where the mass of zerglings floods into the Protoss base. They are just levitating near the Nexus. They appear to have the body structure of a High Templar, yet they are grey in color and have the silvery look of a dark unit. And, when a zergling gets close enough, the unit attacks with what looks to be a psi blast. Perhaps these new templar are a combination of the old two, of sorts. Perhaps the new Twilight Archon is a combination of the Archon and the Dark Archon, with both of their abilities or some entirely new ones.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Yeah... I honestly hope they do not throw out the old Templars and the old Archons. I loved them unimaginably so. And they must have Zeratul as a Dark Templar, at the very least.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
They have already confirmed Zeratul, Kerrigan, and Raynor have returned. I wonder what the new look for Dark Templar will be...

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Most likely it shall be exactly the same. They may add one new ability so that it looks like they changed something (as the Zealot).

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Um... No. Protoss do not really get all infested-like. That takes bio-enineering to create hybrids. And Zeratul is too bad ass to be anything but a Dark Templar.

Imaslavemidget

Jun 14, 2007
Zenny
Well this is a new game and for all we know protoss could get infected, unlikely but super omegaly awesome cool uberness if it did happen though. Maybe he'll go into a stalker like fenix and his dragoon.

Imaslavemidget

Jun 14, 2007
Zenny
Wait that reminds me whats gonna happen to fenix? gone, upgraded to the an immortal, or maybe one of a few reamaining dragoons.

Imaslavemidget

Jun 14, 2007
Zenny
What, woah, how? Have I not played the story mode in two long. Kickass Jim Raynor needs a Protoss buddy. How could this have happened. First they give him a sheild then kill his buddy. What have they done to Jim?

FatAlbert

Feb 10, 2006
Zenny
I killed Fenix! I killed Duke too! It was kerrigans will that they die, and the swarmed killed them hahahahaha! (look at the broodwar zerg campaign).