Book Untitled (thinking about Wandering Flame?)

Demon_Eyes Kyo

He holds the triforce of power
May 22, 2006
in a little place called "my own little world"
Zenny
Yeah so this is just a book I started writing a few weeks ago just for the hell of it. I'm only into writing the first Chapter but I have the Prelude written and typed up.

So just tell me what you think and be honest. And for now names of characters/etc are not final yet

Prologue

The moon shines overhead. I stand atop a tall building, I don’t know what’s inside, I don’t even remember how I got here. I pull out my pack of cigarettes, smack it a few times to pack it down, and reach in to pull one out. Closing my lips around it I bring my lighter up to it, catching the end quickly. Smoke begins to float out of the end and I inhale, letting it fill my lung. It causes a great feeling to surge through me, one I know all too well. Standing in a stoic position, hands in my pockets, cigarette in my mouth, back slightly slanted forward I overlook the city below. Across the street and far, far down below I can see a half destroyed building. I stare down at it, and police soon surround it. The building is another thing I know all too well…

I was there, not too long ago. She was there too. I guess you could say we were there together. Yes, we were there together with guns and with blood and with greed in our hearts and the intention to kill in our eyes. For a while we were doing all right, the two of us. Then more showed up, and the three we were out to nab turned into six, then ten, and then twenty at least, then… I don’t know what then. There was a lapse of time where I guess my greed and bloodlust took over and I can’t remember anything but flashes, blood spatter, and explosions.

Then I ‘woke up’, realized where I was and what I was doing again. There was only one of them left, the others all dead, and I had somehow managed to survive with only a few minor scratches. He was standing in front of me, his eyes staring directly into mine, and mine back into his. It was a classic cowboy showdown, only neither of us had our weapons drawn. We stood like that for a long time, and I didn’t realize it then but she was nowhere to be found. I slowly began to come to that realization, and just as I did she crept out of the shadows, walking slowly towards us. I called out her name, opening my arm as a motion for her to stand next to me against this foe. However, she didn’t stop by me, and my eyes followed her for the eternity that it took for her to walk past me and right to him. That was when, knowing I had been betrayed, or that this was some plan she had just made up on the spot right then, (I let myself suspect the first) that I got angry. I managed to keep my cool though. She was all over him, he and I exchanged dialogue that I really don’t care to remember at the moment.
He said something though, something that made me lose it. I grabbed for my pistol, ready to pull the trigger. He was quicker though, however, instead of shooting me he put one right in her chest. Screaming I pulled the trigger, the bullet going straight into his eye, and I stood and watched happily as the bullet exited the back of his skull, spraying blood everywhere.

I rushed over to her, kneeling down beside her. Picking her up I cradled her in my arms, smiling softly down at her. “It’s going to be okay,” I lied, though I think it was more for my own benefit than hers. I didn’t want to lose her, couldn’t lose her. I wouldn’t let it happen.

“You know damn well it’s not, as do I,” she said, coughing as she did. Small drips of blood ran down her chin. I picked her up and carried her to the wall, propping her up against it. Sitting next to her I wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close. We stared up at the stars, not talking, not moving, and barely breathing. She died quietly in my arms, her head on my shoulder.

I look away from the building, unable to stand the memories. Looking down to put my cigarettes in my pocket, I notice that her blood is still fresh and wet, soaked into my clothes, but that it is drying fast and getting hotter and stickier by the moment. “I need to get out of these,’ I mumble to myself, softly pressing a button on my wrist communicator. A two-man ship pulls up in front of me, close enough to the building that I can jump in. The cockpit opens and I jump, landing in one of the leather seats. As I begin to activate the flight controls I find myself staring at the seat next to me, expecting, no, hoping, to see her land next to me. I know that she wont though. Letting out a long breath, I take the reigns and shoot off into the heavens, away from Mars and into the deep reaches of space towards our, bigger control ship, the PAYNE.

My name is Ray “Rock” Mayal. Her name was Katrina “Roll” Carroll. Together we were known as “Rock ‘n’ Roll”, the greatest bounty hunter team in the galaxy.