EVERYONE READ!!!!!!!!! FORUM/ACTIVITY SUGGESTION THREAD!!!!!!!!

Demon_Eyes Kyo

He holds the triforce of power
May 22, 2006
in a little place called "my own little world"
Zenny
Well I decided to post this, in our hour of need. The fact is we need ideas for getting these forums new, more active members, and we need ways to get the existing members who come here more active, so start letting the ideas flow.

For one thing, we'll need a way to keep already existing members active and posting. My idea for this is to have some competition each month that rewards the member with the most post for the month, or we could even do it weekly. And if you don't really care for prizes and yo win you could be rewarded some other way.

Next, we'll need a good way to get more members to sign up, and make sure they stay active. Getting the RPG up would probably help a bit, but other ways will be needed also.

And, as you all know, more members= the need of more staff. We'll need to add more current members (the ones that are here now) and then soem of the newer ones (so we can hear what the new members have to say about the forums) ever once in a while, as the forum grows.

We may also need improvments to the forum itself, like affiliates or that kind of stuff.

Well, those are my ideas. juicing up mine would be a help (actually we should all try and juice up other members ideas when they come up) and new ones help alot also.

So get posting with those ideas. In the meantime I'm off to post!

Serenity

♥ºo.╬§èrèñîtÿ╬.oº♥
Mar 9, 2006
United States, Colorado.
Zenny
Hmm as said, When i have free time i will look for some more top sites for gaming Forums... Its something to get this place reconized if anything. But yes please its good to hear members input, keep the ideas coming along.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
well if anyone wants to check.. I'm thinking of mabye installing vbadvanced.com portal. Then we can have a forum here just for gaming news and it will be shown on the main page...

Demon_Eyes Kyo

He holds the triforce of power
May 22, 2006
in a little place called "my own little world"
Zenny
TLS, you are a genius. That's a perfect idea, probably one of the best in the thread. (Well, that has to do with affiliates)

It seems we have tons of ideas for getting members, but not so many for keeping them and getting us more active. Terra's agressional posts apaerntly worked, which showed that people do look at posts, but that might scare some of the new members away from the forum. So what to do... hmmm...

Getting better RP's and posting better in them could help. (not saying that any of the ones that we have now suck, just sayin we might need some new, really good ones(we could also use this to attract some members))

......and.... that's all i have right now, but great ides so far, keep 'em comin'!

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Well, once the rpg comes out how about forum competitions can get you like maybe 1 extra ap or like a new weapon or something, Or if its just forums alone how about the most posting members of the week get recognized somehow. And not most posting member overall just every 7 days.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
well arcades will be going up soon.. just gotta grab more games and upload them all.

as for people viewing threads.. admins can see WHO has viewed WHAT thread.. and this one so far has views from..

Akuma Kaze, Armostat, Fusion-X, hatakekakashi, Kissui Tensai, Lalaith, Nitz, Reiku Rinsagi, Rf-kun, Riddlin, Serenity, Terra, The Legendary Saviour, The True Keyblader, yahiko

That's jsut the members.. I bet TONS of guests 50+ have viewed the thread too... So admins know who is looking at what thread.. and if they replied to it or not...

15 have viewed and mabye.. what.. 8 have posted here so far?

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
15 have viewed and mabye.. what.. 8 have posted here so far?

Well this is a thread for Ideas, maybe not everyone had them....If thats what you meant, if its not I didnt really understand what you meant in the last half of your post. Anyway I Was thinking of a new idea to get people to post more using only the forums, we host contests in different sections of the forums, then the winner of the contests would gain rep and also the highest poster of the week gains rep. I dont know how much, thats up to you, but if someone were to participate more in the activities, they would be able to get more rep. whatcha think?

Jing

The King Of Bandits
Activity suggestions.... Well i can think of tons of problems with activity ( though the ones i am most aware of are the rp ones)

Blah... I am not sure what exactly to do which is why also why i T_T haven't posted much here in this thread. Tis like a circle, we need activity to get new members, but at the same time we need new members that will be active to get the forum active...

Anyways... yea i'm not good with the whole ideas thing... i try.. but nothing happens : p sorry. I will certainly keep thinking though, and encourage others to do so too : )

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
Activity suggestions you say? Being a former Administrator of not only here but about 3 or 4 other successful forums, I can right off the top give the following advice.

Be original, don't think too hard. Thinking too hard and trying to be too fancy will only confuse people and kill activity.

Don't invest in additional ****, shoutbox is good, but RPG, money, whatever the **** else is out there doesn't help anything, it kills posting, in return giving maybe a 5% hit increase.

Merge inactive forums. Seriously, it don't get any straightforward then that.

I dunno, it's not hard, just don't try too hard, take my advice if you like, don't take it if you don't like, I really don't care. But I've said what needed to be said from myself so I'm done with this post.

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Well this is a thread for Ideas, maybe not everyone had them....If thats what you meant, if its not I didnt really understand what you meant in the last half of your post. Anyway I Was thinking of a new idea to get people to post more using only the forums, we host contests in different sections of the forums, then the winner of the contests would gain rep and also the highest poster of the week gains rep. I dont know how much, thats up to you, but if someone were to participate more in the activities, they would be able to get more rep. whatcha think?

you guys just like completely ignored it XD

Serenity

♥ºo.╬§èrèñîtÿ╬.oº♥
Mar 9, 2006
United States, Colorado.
Zenny
Hmm well. I like that idea/ideas lol, but the rep itself would probably come from the members themselves as well.
As far as the contests, we have thought about doing something like that similar before, i dont think it fell exactly into place though sadly. We are also gonan kinda work contests. The staff is also currently doing something group wise.
The highest poster of the week is a great idea.. I like that one actually lol! That might get ppl posting stuff! =O