How many more years do you think CoD will last?

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
No surprise. Activision has already confirmed Black Ops 2. They're running it into the ground.

They know it makes money so they will never stop I guess!

Unless something can top off COD?

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
It still has a lot of years left. Not sure how many ... I would say at least 8 more, taking it into 2020.

The difference is the popularity of the multiplayer. If it had to survive based on the campaign, it would probably have already died out. In that sense it's not like "Guitar Hero" -- there was only so much you could do on that game anyway, and how fun was it really to play online? When you saturate the market with those types of games, gamers get tired of them quickly. When you have a competitive multiplayer experience, it really keeps the game popular, even if it is basically a retread.

COD forever! :D

Olaji

Oct 1, 2022
Zenny
I don't think that they will ever end releasing Call of Duty franchise. It's just like FIFA yearly release for Activision Blizzard, although with Microsoft ownership of the company now, Phil Spencer said it's no longer going to be a yearly release.

Shortie

Dec 16, 2022
England, UK
Zenny
This topic was posted in 2012 and we are now in 2023 almost 2024 and Call of Duty is still going strong with a new release just in November which was Modern Warfare 3.

I think as long as gamers purchase the games and play them, the longer Call of Duty will last and looking at things, that could be a long time.