Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Alright everyone.

The RPG is offline until further notice. It seems like RPG Inferno is fairly outdated now, though we could still find a way to use it.

There is a new RPG system out, but it's fairly new and still had a bit of way to go. It is sort of made by the same guys from the original RPG Inferno. Only one of the guys from the past is working on it with some great new coders.

So I will have a vote here and feel free to post about what you think too.

I'll see if I can get a demo of the new RPG. It's fairly basic right now, but I plan on seeing it mature into something better than the last one. :mellow

seddy

Jun 23, 2008
pittsburgh
www.facebook.com
Zenny
i assume you are talking about iain. he just ahs continued working on the version 4 that was abandoned when him and scott had theer falling out. i was a part of that for a very very brief time and yes. it is a huge step up from what the previeous versions were. one of his coders used to work for sony. well thats what he told me atleast. take it for what its worth.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
i assume you are talking about iain. he just ahs continued working on the version 4 that was abandoned when him and scott had theer falling out. i was a part of that for a very very brief time and yes. it is a huge step up from what the previeous versions were. one of his coders used to work for sony. well thats what he told me atleast. take it for what its worth.
ahh not sure about v4. I think it was scrapped.

Iain started a new company now with a guy named Filip. Who made the new RPG, but it's still FAR away from the RPG Inferno. Filip started it from scratch, but to be honest. I don't think it's that well developed yet, and also the crappy part is Iain wants everyone to PAY for this new RPG. He told me he might give me a discount, since I bought the old one.

But to be honest it sucks, because I spent like $200 on it. And now all that money is gone down the drain. The new RPG is pretty expensive too.

If you know Iain, maybe he will give you a bigger discount than me...?

seddy

Jun 23, 2008
pittsburgh
www.facebook.com
Zenny
i might be bale to do something. ui used to design monsters for the older inferno in its later years before his and scott's "break up" i am still very good friends with iain so i'll send him an email and see what i can do.
also i know some insider info. scott still has all the old inferno stuff too. he is a bit harder toget ahold of, but can be worth a try to see if he can just send us the old inferno. i remember him offering it up before..not sure if that deal is stillon the table, but worth a shot.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
i might be bale to do something. ui used to design monsters for the older inferno in its later years before his and scott's "break up" i am still very good friends with iain so i'll send him an email and see what i can do.
also i know some insider info. scott still has all the old inferno stuff too. he is a bit harder toget ahold of, but can be worth a try to see if he can just send us the old inferno. i remember him offering it up before..not sure if that deal is stillon the table, but worth a shot.
sounds good.. I probably have a copy of the old inferno. I just don't know if it works with the vB version we have no... I know the new one Iain and his crew have works with the current version. But I hear it isn't up to date with features yet.

Keyblader92

May 19, 2008
New York City
Zenny
Take it from me guys, the new RPG that Decado is currently making isn't all what it's cramped out to be. I've played the demo and I didn't enjoy it at all. He has another one that is supposed to be the successor to RPG Inferno 3.0 coming after this new Pokemon styled RPG is released also. Maybe that one would be better than the one they're currently developing.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Take it from me guys, the new RPG that Decado is currently making isn't all what it's cramped out to be. I've played the demo and I didn't enjoy it at all. He has another one that is supposed to be the successor to RPG Inferno 3.0 coming after this new Pokemon styled RPG is released also. Maybe that one would be better than the one they're currently developing.
Thanks for the update.

I haven't tested it yet, but I think the old RPG Inferno we normally used still should work.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well we have two options.. I can test the old RPG Inferno if I can find my old files and see if it works with vB 3.8.

Or we can try the new RPG Inferno, I am thinking of getting it and it will work for sure. Although, I don't know how it will perform feature wise....

seddy

Jun 23, 2008
pittsburgh
www.facebook.com
Zenny
my opinion.. see if the old one will work first. don't go blowing money on the new one. see if the old one works. get some users in to play (i know i will be when not racing or doing my radio show) and go from there.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
my opinion.. see if the old one will work first. don't go blowing money on the new one. see if the old one works. get some users in to play (i know i will be when not racing or doing my radio show) and go from there.
I'll try it out... gonna have to see if I even have the files still somewhere LOL been a hella long time.

The problem might be that I might port over and upgrade to vB4. I don't think in that case it will work at all.

It all depends on how many people use it too.

Iain was stating that there aren't too many sales, and that it costed them probably more to make than what they made off it.

So I might not use it at this moment... or maybe use something that isn't part of vB but has it's own RPG thing. Kinda like MMO sites, but one at GP.

It's not something I am worrying about right now. My priority right now is the website for GP.