Sword fight?

Stryfe

One Name. One Legend.
May 3, 2006
Rings of Naglifar
Zenny
Broad open challenge to anyone. My last one never got started with Daraku, but meh. Time for a new one! I haven't been RPing to a full potential in many battle scenes I have come across lately. Well, the close combat situations. In turn, I am offering a sparring match with anyone.

Sword vs. Sword. Nothing else. I don't care what your character looks like or any powers, I just want a sword vs. sword fight. Nothing more.

Up for it?

First to repost to agree wins; given that it is someone that will be descriptive. >.>

Stryfe

One Name. One Legend.
May 3, 2006
Rings of Naglifar
Zenny
No powers. Straight up swords.

Battlefield: The morning mist awakens in the desolate green fields. The mountainous area is tranquil to many people who wish to find inner peace. The water that runs by in local stream offers a calming, peaceful sensation that overwhelms the people. As of lately, the fog has been rolling in at a more vigorous pace, making the once clear morning into a hazy aftermath. As the birds chirp in the distance, the clashing of steel can be heard on the mist soaked fields.

Wrote it in 1 minute, but whatever. It gets the job done. You can start.

Geer

High Prophet of Blue
Aug 4, 2006
In my own little world where I rule over all
Zenny
Ghost walks through the fog by the stream. The humid air left water droplets on his face. He takes his shirt and wipes off the water. He looks around. Nothing. He doesn't see anything. "Is the fog getting thicker or is it just me." He thought to himself. He walks a few more steps and then pauses. He lowers his head and listens. He hears him... Ghost pulls out his sword from his shieth which he had on his back. "I know your there!" Ghost called out. Ghost walks 10 more feet down the stream. He knew that Splintered Visions was there. He just didn't know where. If Spintered Visions knew where he was he could get a jump start on him and catch him by suprise. Ghost walks away from the stream. He listens again. This time he hears something. He Pulls his sword up to his face to block any attack from the sky. And if anything comes from below he can easily menuver his sword to block those attacks. He waits.

Stryfe

One Name. One Legend.
May 3, 2006
Rings of Naglifar
Zenny
(Refer to me as Virat)

The fog streamed by him, whisking his clothes in a trail behind him. The cold air nipped at his skin as he trudged on in his tightly wrapped overcoat. As his eyes continued to shift back and forth scanning the dew-weathered fields, a tranquil presence overcame him. The abandoned area that laid before him gave a calming sensation to anyone who stared at it. The rushing waters, calming winds, all of it seemed to give off such a presence deep within the mountain tops. As his head tilted from a horizontal plain to a perpendicular one below, he lifted up a a small parcel in his right hand. His eyes pierced the cartridge and examined the riddle...

The tops above,
The streams below,
In a grove,
where it is shallow.

Letting out a small smirk, Virat's head lifted once again to the horizontal plain. The fog started to lift from his location and soon then the once abandoned area he stared into became a brilliant flourish. The desolate area became abundant with trees and bushes of all sorts. Stepping a few feet into the area, his eyes caught sight of a stranger. The man seemed to be reflecting a bit of light from the skies above, but it looked more ridiculous than helping. His mouth opened and a voice spewed over the once silent area, "You! Were you the one that summoned me here?!"

(Sorry it is short. I hate opening posts.)

Geer

High Prophet of Blue
Aug 4, 2006
Zenny
"Yes." Ghost called back. "There is an unsettled score that needs to be fixed." Ghost doesn't let down his gaurd. he shifts his eyes from side to side. Waiting for Virat to appear. He backs up a few steps then making sure he doesn't walk into the river. He again shifts his eyes and sees a figure in the distance. He noticed that the fog was lifting up because he could see a tree line. He looks at the figure not letting down his gaurd. Is this him? Ghost thought to himself.

Stryfe

One Name. One Legend.
May 3, 2006
Rings of Naglifar
Zenny
His chilled ears perked a little as he heard the response from the strange man. His mind tried to comprehend what just transpired through the words that emerged from the mouth, but it only came to one conclusion...

What a nut. This guy really has the wrong guy. Oh, well.

The man still seemed to hold his position from before as the fog continued to roll in from the east. As each bit passed, the images in front of Virat faded in and out before only an outline was left of the stranger. This was all that Virat needed, however. Letting go of the his overcoat, his real attire could be seen. A whitish tinted outfit with stitched runes down the side, descending all the way to the lower extremities of his chest before it over hung his clothed legs. As each fog passed by, his outfit seemed to merge in with it, giving an added bonus. Hanging on the right of Virat's waist was the marvelous Requiem, his Katana. It was nothing fancy, but it did slice through just about anything if performed correctly.

As he still looked at the outlined figure, he withdrew his blade. A chilling sharpening sound could be heard in the distilled air. Letting out a small smirk, he rushed forwards into the dense fog.

OOC: Sorry it is short, but I am a tad busy.

Last edited:

Geer

High Prophet of Blue
Aug 4, 2006
Zenny
Ghost heard the sword being drawn out. He guessed the direction of which the sound came from. It was harder to do that considering the echo. "Well you finally decide to show yourself here." Ghost said. He dives to his right going into a role and then back up on his feet. He then lunges toward the spot he was standing at just a few seconds ago planning on meeting the man. He drew his sword back and swung forward into the mist.

((Little short right now and sorry I couldn't reply to this sooner. I was busy.))