• Total voters

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Anyone get the xbox kinnect or try it out yet?

I think it's pretty crazy, and some guys have even found a way to mod it to use for other things :D

Kinda pricey though right now....

Cruentus

Jul 9, 2007
*points to map* HERE!
Zenny
I personally don't like the Kinect at all. I just don't. X-Box has never been one of my favorite systems. If I went to get anything of the sort, I'd go for the PS3 Move

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I personally don't like the Kinect at all. I just don't. X-Box has never been one of my favorite systems. If I went to get anything of the sort, I'd go for the PS3 Move
LOL but the whole point of gaming without a controller is Kinnect :p PS3 move still has a controller or object.

I kinda like having my body BEING the controller.

seddy

Jun 23, 2008
pittsburgh
www.facebook.com
Zenny
i played the dance game for the kinnect on new years eve at a friends house. i totally dig it. i think though if i was to get kinnect, that the dance game would be the only game i would play. the other games just didn't seem that interesting to me.

SSLaertes

Jan 4, 2010
Zenny
I tried out the Kinect on the sports games it comes with, specifically the bowling.
As it is now, its definitely not as accurate as the Move for motion controlling since I could bowl a perfect game just by staying on the center line (which if you have ever played real life bowling, that isn't how it works :p)

I may buy it when the Star Wars game comes out though :D

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I tried out the Kinect on the sports games it comes with, specifically the bowling.
As it is now, its definitely not as accurate as the Move for motion controlling since I could bowl a perfect game just by staying on the center line (which if you have ever played real life bowling, that isn't how it works :p)

I may buy it when the Star Wars game comes out though :D
star wars will be playable with Kinnect? freaking sweeeeeet!!!!! :2guns:

Fusion-X

Jan 12, 2006
Canada
Zenny
i played the dance game for the kinnect on new years eve at a friends house. i totally dig it. i think though if i was to get kinnect, that the dance game would be the only game i would play. the other games just didn't seem that interesting to me.

I'm 100% the same with kinect, except i didn't play the dance central game. Just watched. And that's the only thing i can see the Kinect good for, everthing else was less than "meh"

Get the Playstation Move, i have it it's better than Kinect and the Wii remote.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well I think Wii sales have taken a HUGE plummet now... someone at one store was saying he hasn't sold one in a month now. Everyone wants a ps3 move or kinnect and he said the kinnect was selling faster than the ps3 move.

I think they are both good, but I don't think gaming is at that point yet. I still think things will get better with then 2nd, 3rd generations of kinnect and ps move.

Fusion-X

Jan 12, 2006
Canada
Zenny
well the tech is out with some games that just scratch the techs potential. they just have to work on more games that use the tech.

Jing

The King Of Bandits
Don't currently have an xbox, but i would enjoy having all the systems and all of the extra things like Kinect. They are fun, even if they are gimmicks. I think it's rather funny how the industry is starting to switch over to motion controlled stuff (or trying to cash in on the gimmick that nintendo set up with the launch of the Wii).

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Don't currently have an xbox, but i would enjoy having all the systems and all of the extra things like Kinect. They are fun, even if they are gimmicks. I think it's rather funny how the industry is starting to switch over to motion controlled stuff (or trying to cash in on the gimmick that nintendo set up with the launch of the Wii).
Don't know if Kinnect is a gimmick. In some ways yeah.. I mean they wanted to kill of Nintendo Wii. It only did well because of the old school games and movement. So now they brought in their own movement system. But the old games still helps Wii.

Also I saw someone mod the kinnect. His kinnect with the sound of his voice will turn the tv on/off xbox on/off his room light on/off all by his voice. Some cool stuff that people are doing with the kinnect. Not just gaming, which is pretty cool..

MS is pissed that they are hacking and modding the kinnects. So kinnect 2 might have further restrictions. Kinda lame....

Jing

The King Of Bandits
The technology really has some potential outside of gaming. I understand why MS is pissed about this modding of course, but come on at least give them some credit. If you wired a whole house up to Kinect, then were able to voice command everything to do what you wanted it to do, that deserves some respect at least. But MS is still a business i suppose, have to keep tabs on your property and make sure it's being used right.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
well if people didn't mod and hack the kinnect.. it might have made it seem like a crappy product. But when you can see that it has so much potential.. it can increase the value of the kinnect too