The 2007 NHL Playoffs discussion thread

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
Only biased Canadians and Canadian reporters are picking Ottawa. All Sports Illustrated and **** like that pick Anaheim in 6 at the very most. The top checking line in the league can and will shut down the most productive line in the NHL.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
nawww Sens will win it.. if they use their speed. I find it very tough to shut down the Heatley/Spezza/Alferdson line.. on top of that fisher and schefer are doing well too..

The only downside for Sens is the goaltending.. Emery might not be as good as Giggy..

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
umm they destoryed the sabers.. which gives them a good chance of destroying the ducks too.

The only thing that can save the ducks is Jiggy.. and so far he's only had 1 bad game in the playoiffs.

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
Last year he got raped bad, this year he bounced back nicely against the still much better Sabres.

Jiggy is not even the best goaltender. It's not like we're talking about a Roberto Luongo, Mikka Kiprusoff, Martin Brodeur, or Ryan Miller here. Jiggy is good, but the Ducks greatness isn't squared around him at all.

Well, 1-1 after 1. Although Ottawa looked like a bunch of 13 year olds most of the 1st period.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
well looks like SENS might win the next one too.. Chris Pronger is once again suspended for 1 game for the elbow in the face on a Sens player...

Pronger.. that dirty bastard.. I hope Sens own ducks for that hit....

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Only reason they HAD to call it a cheap shot.. is because the guy got injured. Mabye it was Prongers height.. at the same time he as 8 suspentions in his career. 3-1 Ducks.. I haven't seen a team in the final come back from a 3-1 loss... and it's sad they wouldn't win even without pronger out.. Emery sucks! him and his cheap ass bling bling..

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
Emery is an average goaltender at best. The Sens clearly got beaten around all series by a much better team. And now that the Ducks are champions, I've proved my point and backed my word since the playoffs begun on who really is the best team in hockey and probably will be for 3-4 more years.

But hey Sens fans, at least Alfredsson showed up, about the only player who did all series might I add.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
yeah I agree.. the sabers and ducks would have been a good game..

It makes me wonder.. how the hell did the Sens beat the sabers? yet they can't beat the ducks lol..

oh well Scott won the con smyth trophy and it must have been nice for him and his bro to win the cup togethor :)